Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes... or Kurt (Unless You Think He's a Babe - Which I Do)

LOL.... Long title, I know, but I wanted to clarify to prevent any smarty tarty comments that Kurt wasn't in the "babe" category :)

Anyway, so on Sunday, I was logged in to Training Peaks to get a view of this week's schedule that my Oh-So-Fabulous Coach uploaded (he does this every week ya know). I got a look at Tuesday (which is today) and said "Holy Crap, He's trying to kill me!" There was a 2700yd swim this morning and then a 30 minute time trial bike ride this evening, on the heels of Monday night's nearly 4-mile run and will be followed by another 4 mile run tomorrow. I didn't realize I had said it out loud, until I heard my fabulous husband say "You did this to yourself. He is only steering you on the path your put yourself on. He is just making sure you get there!" WHATEVER KURT! LOL... Kurt is usually a man of few words, but every so often he comes out with a hum-dinger and just makes me want to pop him in the chops, LOL!!!! I just wanted to tell him to stuff it in his pie hole, LOL... but I couldn't because he is absolutely right. Well, I could tell him to stuff it in his pie hole, but not with a clear conscience. I mean, after all, no one is forcing me, and my coach is doing what he does best. But I need someone to blame when it hurts so bad..... so I embraced my unclear conscience and told him to get to stuffing... LOL

All in all, I'm thankful for a coach who drags me kicking and screaming out of my comfort zone and a wonderful babe of a hubby (with a newly stuffed pie hole) who supports me in everything I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment