Saturday, June 18, 2011

What a Day!

The last few weeks have been a total whirlwind around here - work's been insanely busy, the kids are all but on their own, and then there's all the mess with the doctors & hospitals... I've hardly had time to catch my breath! Today was really no different. You'd think that since it was Saturday there would be some chillaxin' time... I really had my heart set on sleeping in! I never get to anymore, and it double-sucks since I've never NEEDED to more in my whole life (at least it feels like it, LOL). Between working the long hours, and Kurt's incessant snoring, I can't remember the last time I had a night filled with mouth-open-drool-inducing-rip-van-winkle slumber that lasted well into the next day... Even with his surgery (which only seemed to turn down the volume, not cut out the snoring altogether), the fan on, and me being doped on hefty antihistamines, I still get woke up when he comes to bed at 3 or 4 am and jump-starts the chain saw!

I tossed and turned from about 630am or so until about 830am, elbowing with every toss and kneeing with every turn - I mean, it's only fair right? If he sleeps just right on his side and keeps his shoulders pulled back, he doesn't snore much. Only problem is that I have to stay awake to hold his shoulders in just the right position - and that, well.... that just defeats the whole purpose, now doesn't it? Anyway, I went ahead and got up, watched infomercials for awhile, then I got my sweet Bailey up out of bed to go cycling with me. I haven't ridden in weeks with all this cardiology crap happening - partly because of the chest pressure, and partly because I'm afraid I'll cause it, LOL, even though the doc has said I could do "light" exercise. Anyway, we got two hours in and I tell you, it was awesome! It was freaking AWESOME I say! It was really nice to get back out there, and Bailey was the best training partner today. We sang some cadences, braved a dog, a horse & dog combo, and managed not to get hit by any cars.... Heck, I even rode standing up a bit... GO ME!!!! WOOT!

We had to take her bike down to the Hub for a tune-up, and then we headed over to PF Chang's for some Kung Pao.. man how I love me some Kung Pao! That's one dish that never fails to make me happy :) We got in the car, looking at the sky which was getting blacker by the minute. We barely got in the car and pulled out of the parking lot to drive to the mall, which was just across the parking lot mind you... (we could have walked), and the freaking SKY OPENED UP! I mean it was a torrential downpour!!! We thought about waiting it out in the car but decided to make a mad dash for the building instead - throwing all good sense down the tubes, since we left the stinking umbrella on the front porch at home, LOL! Smart people would have went home, but I was on a mission to buy a cute frilly sundress for the anniversary photo shoot I booked for Kurt & me on Monday. In the short minute or two it took us to run from the car to the building, Bailey and I looked like we had been run through the car wash! I mean we were S-O-A-K-E-D with a capital DRENCHED! We got into Barnes & Noble, and had to stand in the entryway till we stopped dripping, then headed to the bathroom to dry off with paper towels, LOL! So, off we go into the mall, up and down each hall, covering the entire upstairs and downstairs, scouring every stupid store that had anything REMOTELY girly but came up empty. After more than 2 hours of steady walking, we did learn a thing or two about mall shopping.

1. Sundresses do not exist for people with boobs bigger than apples
2. People let it all hang out at the mall... I mean, these folks around here give those obscene Wal-mart folks a run for their money!
3. Do NOT go into ANY store with "New York" in the name of it, unless you want to spend $168.00 on a long tank top (yes, I said one-hundred-sixty-eight-dollars!)

We ended up leaving the mall with nothing but Dippin' Dots! Mani-Pedi's made it a little better though, even though it was a "my-color-looks-better-in-the-bottle" kinda job, but oh well! LOL! Topped the evening off with a frozen lemonade & burgers & fries.... sinfully good! It was almost 9pm by the time we got home, and I've sat here for an hour and a half trying to get my blog on. Kurt's gone on a play date to the movies, so I'm thinking I'll hit the sack and HOPE and PRAY that I get some good sleep tonight. Or else Father's Day might start with a very unpleasant surprise for my Hunny Man, LOL!!!!


  1. Hey Girl,

    Sounds like you had a week like I did. Hope your Father;s Day was Great! Can't wait to see your photo shoot! Miss you lots!

  2. Hope you got some sleep and had a nice Father's Day!