Monday, March 8, 2010

I've Been Derailed!

Ug - I think I am drowning in mucus! Yeah that's right, I just jumped right out front with the TMI, didn't I? Well, there is just no nice way to describe what I've been through this last week. Training was going so well - I was up to running 27 out of 35 minutes, and I got the bike tuned up, and I was just feeling fantastic! Well, naturally, as it always does just when you think you are about to crank it up and get ahead, I got punched right in the face by the Snot Monster. I've had a sinus infection for the last week, which finally landed me at the urgent care clinic on Sunday, because my lymph nodes went haywire and my neck looked like that of a very beefy Olympic wrestler. Soooo not pretty! So I got a steroid shot in the bootay, some antibiotics, Mucinex D, and cough syrup with Codeine, and am hoping to high heaven that some part of that cocktail will be able to slay the Snot Monster! I have missed a week of training, which is bad news since there is only just over 6 weeks before Race Day!

1 comment:

  1. you will come right... and training will be back in force

    and I am sure the steroids will make you faster!! ;-) seems to work for all those athletes

    get better soon!

    ReplyDelete